Learn more about the Future of Climate Change and the science behind it.
About this course
This course will examine future climate change in the context of Earth history, and then consider various strategies for what might be done to deal with it.
The likely impact of continued greenhouse gas emissions will be explored, emphasizing the scientific uncertainties associated with various predictions, and how this can be understood in the context of risk.
What you will learn?
- Explore how scientists measure ancient temperature and carbon dioxide levels
- Investigate the basic physics and chemistry that control climate
- Review the scientific basis for climate change predictions
- Identify impacts of climate change on human societies and natural ecosystems
- Learners should be familiar with basic algebra, chemistry and geometry (U.S. high school level or higher)
Week_1: Earth’s Radiation Budget
Week_2: The Great Anthropogenic Experiment
Week_3: The Past is Key to the Future of Climate Change I
Week_4: The Past is Key to the Future of Climate Change II
Week_5: Deeper Back in Time I
Week_6: Deeper Back in Time II
Week_7: Natural Variability and Predicting the Future I
Week_8: Natural Variability and Predicting the Future II
Week_9: Introduction to Our Energy System and Energy Scenarios
If you have already done this course, kindly drop your review in our reviews section. It would help others to get useful information and better insight into the course offered.
- Harvard University
- Online Course
- 1-3 Months
- Free Course (Affordable Certificate)
- Climate change Enviornmental science