The IBM applied AI professional certificate program is hosted by Coursera, one of the leading online coursing platforms. The Global Program Director at IBM, Mr. Ravi Ahuja, and five more data science experts from IBM created this course. So, at first, let’s get acquainted with these terminologies:
About Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a digital computer/robot’s ability to perform tasks commonly associated with human intelligence. The term is frequently applied to the project of developing systems endowed with the intellectual processes characteristic of humans, such as the ability to reason, discover meaning, generalize, or learn from experience.
So, it is a wide-ranging branch of interdisciplinary science with multiple approaches. Still, advancements in machine learning and deep learning create a paradigm shift in virtually every sector of the tech industry.
Artificial Intelligence Examples
- Smart assistants (like Siri and Alexa)
- Disease mapping and prediction tools
- Manufacturing and drone robots
- Optimized, personalized healthcare treatment recommendations
- Conversational bots / Chatbots for marketing and customer service
- Robo-advisors for stock trading
- Spam filters on email
- Social media monitoring tools for dangerous content or false news
- Song or TV show recommendations from Spotify and Netflix
(more on AI)
About the IBM Applied AI Professional Certificate program
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is transforming our world. Whether you’re a student, developer, or technology consultant, understanding AI and learning how to create AI-powered applications can give you an edge in your career. This Professional Certificate arms you with the skills to work as an AI Application Developer.
It will give you a firm understanding of AI, its applications, and its use cases. You will become familiar with IBM Watson AI services and APIs. Even if you have no programming background, you will be able to create AI-driven chatbots and pick up practical Python skills to work with AI. The courses will also enable you to apply pre-built AI smarts to your products and solutions. A learner with no prior knowledge of AI will learn to design, build, and deploy AI-powered applications on the web.
Rather than create complex AI algorithms and interfaces from scratch, learners will use IBM Watson AI services and APIs to create smart applications with minimal coding. By the end of this Professional Certificate, learners will complete several projects that showcase proficiency in applying AI and building AI-powered solutions.
This program is for
Whether you are a seasoned industry professional such as a developer or a data scientist, a student looking to enter the workforce, or an existing AI practitioner interested in learning the latest AI innovation and technologies. The AI Professional Certificate from IBM will enable you to future-proof your career.
Syllabus for the IBM applied AI Prof. Cert.
The IBM Applied AI Professional Certificate will give you a firm understanding of AI, its applications, and its use cases. You will become familiar with IBM Watson AI services and APIs. If you have no programming background, you will be able to create AI-driven chatbots and pick up practical Python skills to work with AI. The courses will also enable you to apply pre-built AI smarts to your products and solutions.
There are 6 Courses in the IBM Applied AI Course or Certificate program:
1. IBM Applied AI: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI) (Content ratings 96%)
This course of the IBM applied AI certification does not require any programming or computer science expertise. It is designed to introduce AI basics to anyone, whether you have a technical background or not.
- In this course, you will learn what is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
- Explore/use cases and applications of AI.
- Understand AI concepts and terms like machine learning, deep learning, and neural networks.
- You will be exposed to various issues and concerns surrounding AI and get advice from experts about learning and starting a career in AI.
- You will also demonstrate AI in action with a mini-project.
2. Getting Started with AI using IBM Watson (94%)
This course of the IBM applied AI certification does not require any programming or computer science expertise and is designed for anyone whether you have a technical background or not.
- Learn how to quickly and easily get started with Artificial Intelligence using IBM Watson.
- You will understand how Watson works, become familiar with its use cases and real-life client examples.
- This course will introduce you to several Watson AI services from IBM that enable anyone to apply AI easily and build smart apps.
- You will also work with several Watson services to demonstrate AI in action.
3. Building AI-Powered Chatbots Without Programming (97%)
The IBM Applied AI course will teach you how to create useful chatbots, as nowadays, chatbots are a hot topic in the AI industry and are about to go big. Gartner predicts that by 2020, 85% of customer interactions with the enterprise will be automated (that’s chatbots and related technologies). Here is your chance to learn this highly in-demand set of skills with a gentle introduction to the topic that leaves no stone unturned.
- You will learn how to create chatbots with Watson Assistant (without the need to write any code) visually.
- How to deploy these chatbots on your website through a handy WordPress plugin?
4. Python for Data Science and AI (92%)
This introduction to Python will kickstart your learning of Python for data science, as well as programming in general. The IBM Applied AI course is a beginner-friendly certificate program with Python that will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours.
- Python Basics | Your first program | Types | Expressions and Variables | String Operations
- Data Structures | Lists and Tuples | Sets | Dictionaries
- Python Programming Fundamentals | Conditions and Branching | Loops | Functions | Objects and Classes.
- Working with Data in Python | Reading files with open | Writing files with open | Loading data with Pandas | Numpy
- Finally, you will create a project to test your skills.
5. Python Project for AI & Application Development
This mini-course in the IBM Applied AI professional certificate program intends to apply foundational Python skills by implementing different techniques to develop applications and AI-powered solutions. Assume the role of a developer and unit test and package an application with multiple hands-on labs. After completing this course, you will have acquired the confidence to begin developing AI-enabled applications using Python, build and run unit tests, and package the application for distribution.
PRE-REQUISITE: **Python for Data Science, AI and Development** course from IBM is a pre-requisite for this project course. Please ensure that before taking this course, you have either completed the Python for Data Science, AI, and Development course from IBM or have equivalent proficiency in working with Python and data.
6. Building AI Applications with Watson APIs (84%)
- A learner will write an application that leverages multiple Watson AI services (Discovery, Speech to Text, Assistant, and Text to Speech).
- By the end of the course, they’ll learn best practices of combining Watson services and how they can build interactive information retrieval systems with Discovery + Assistant.
7. Introduction to Computer Vision with Watson and OpenCV (93%)
Computer Vision is one of the most exciting fields in Machine Learning and AI. It has applications in many industries such as self-driving cars, robotics, augmented reality, face detection in law enforcement agencies. The IBM Applied AI course is beginner-friendly. You will understand computer vision and will learn about its various applications across many industries.
- As part of this course, you will utilize Python, Watson AI, and OpenCV to process images and interact with image classification models.
- You will also build, train, and test your custom image classifiers.
- This is a hands-on course and involves several labs and exercises.
- All the labs will be performed on the Cloud, and you will be provided access to a Cloud environment completely free of charge.
- At the end of the course, you will create your computer vision web app and deploy it to the Cloud.
- This course does not require any prior Machine Learning or Computer Vision experience. However, some knowledge of the Python programming language is necessary.
Related Job Roles
AI Developer, AI Application Developer, AI Builder, Chatbot Developer
Prerequisites for the IBM applied AI Prof. Cert.
No prior knowledge of AI or programming is necessary.
Note: Your review matters
If you have already done the IBM Applied AI course, a professional certificate program, kindly post your review section review. It would help others to get useful information and better insight into the course offered.
- Professional Certificate
- 3+ Months
- Free Trial (Paid Course & Certificate)
- Artificial intelligence Building AI Chatbots Data Science with 'Python' Machine learning Natural language processing