The life science courses we have taken so far constitute classroom teaching, laboratory practicals, and sometimes field studies. Today, physical classrooms have evolved into virtual classrooms, even though we still require hands-on practicals to better understand the subject. Regardless, online courses could equip students with knowledge and skills for their degree program, improving their subject knowledge and quality of life.
Even the post from Bioteckica.com says that the prescribed syllabus based content from your colleges or universities will no longer help make your resume stand out! I do agree, as I have experienced this during the initial phase of my career. Your potential employer always prefers skilled candidates who are always eager to learn and acquire knowledge.
You can develop skills from various online course programs hosted by e-learning platforms. We have evaluated the best online learning platforms and ranked them here; you can select that best suits you. These e-learning platforms host online course programs in the form of a single certification course or a group of courses in the specialization, micro-credential, or professional certificate programs.
You need to pay fees for those programs, though they can be audited as a free (trial). However, it cannot be denied that there are always few free courses available out there, where you need to pay a few bucks for a certification. If you are lucky enough, you could still find an utterly free course with a certificate, don’t forget to check this list.
This article lists the free life science courses from Coursera.org for students; you can enroll yourself and start learning. You can also obtain a free certificate after the course completion. However, there are some courses where you need to pay fees just for the certification; even then, the course and course material like video lectures, assignments, quizzes are fully accessible and are free.
If you can’t afford to pay, then you can apply for financial aid. The video below will assist you throughout the process. After you submit your application, it will take up to two weeks for the review process. If your application is approved, you’ll get an email letting you know, and you’ll be automatically enrolled in the course. Else, if you just want to go through course, you always have the ‘course audit’ option, where you can access video lectures and internal quizzes freely.
What are life science courses? Courses in life sciences can have one of many areas of focus from biology to agriculture, microbiology, biotechnology, bioinformatics, and so on. We have listed below the areas of life sciences that we have covered for this article and were able to retrieve relevant courses from them.
Based on the subjects areas above, we have listed about 100+ free life science courses from over 50+ universities worldwide as below:
I. Free Life Sciences Courses Online Organized by 50+ Universities Worldwide
1. The University of Edinburgh
2. Macquarie University
3. University of Alberta
4. University of Geneva
5. University of California San Diego
6. Nanyang Tech. Univ. Singapore
7. Duke University
8. The University of Sydney
9. Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champ.
10. Johns Hopkins University
11. Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
12. Shanghai Jiao Tong University
13. Peking University
14. Lund University
15. Erasmus University Rotterdam
16. University of Arizona
17. University of Cape Town
18. University of Lausanne
19. Howard Hughes Medical Institute
20. National Research Tomsk State Univ.
21. University of California, Santa Cruz
22. The World Bank Group
23. Universidad de Chile
24. Universiteit Leiden
25. University of Copenhagen
26. University of Western Australia
27. Utrecht University
28. University of Florida
29. Univ. Nacional Autónoma de México
30. University of Pennsylvania
31. Sapienza University of Rome
32. University of Amsterdam
33. Ludwig-Maximilians-Univ. München
34. American Museum of Natural History
35. Princeton University
36. Fundació Navegació Oceànica Barcelona
37. Universidade de São Paulo
38. Rutgers State Univ. of New Jersey
39. Universidad de los Andes
40. California Institute of Technology
41. Tel Aviv University
42. Vanderbilt University
43. The Pennsylvania State Univ.
44. The University of Melbourne
45. Novosibirsk State University
46. University of Minnesota
47. Sechenov University
48. Technical Univ. of Denmark (DTU)
49. University of Manchester
50. Georgia Institute of Technology
51. Stanford University
52. University of Colorado Boulder
53. Emory University
54. The University of Hong Kong
55. University of Pittsburgh
56. The University of Tokyo
57. Universidade Estadual de Campinas
58. Abdul Latif Jameel Institute for Disease and Emergency Analytics (J-IDEA)
Individuals completing a life science courses can use them as a stepping stone to advanced their degrees. You can search for the program of your interest from the list down there and enroll yourself. Please don’t forget to leave your comment, it will motivate us to bring more free new courses.
II. List of Free Life Science Courses from Coursera
Note: Throughout the list, every course has been provided with the information as below: