CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science: An introduction to the intellectual enterprises of computer science and the art of programming.
About this course on CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science
Students who earn a satisfactory score on 9 problem sets (i.e., programming assignments) and a final project are eligible for a certificate. This is a self-paced course? you may take CS50x on your own schedule.
HarvardX pursues the science of learning. By registering as an online learner in an HX course, you will also participate in research about learning. R
What you will learn in CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science?
- A broad and robust understanding of computer science and programming.
- How to think algorithmically and solve programming problems efficiently.
- Concepts like abstraction, algorithms, data structures, encapsulation, resource management, security, software engineering, and web development.
- How to engage with a vibrant community of like-minded learners from all levels of experience.
- How to develop and present a final programming project to your peers.
Final Project for CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science
The climax of this course is its final project. The final project is your opportunity to take your newfound savvy with programming out for a spin and develop your very own piece of software. So long as your project draws upon this course’s lessons, the nature of your project is entirely up to you.
- You may implement your project in any language(s).
- You are welcome to utilize infrastructure other than the CS50 IDE.
- All that is asked is that you build something of interest to you, that you solve an actual problem, that you impact your community, or that you change the world.
- Strive to create something that outlives this course.
- You are allowed an opportunity to collaborate with one or two classmates for this final project.
- It is expected that every student in any such group contributes equally to the design and implementation of that group’s project.
How to get CS50 Certificate?
If you submit and receive a score of at least 70% on each of this course’s projects, you will be eligible for a free CS50 Certificate like the below.
Syllabus for CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science
Week 0. Start from Scratch
Week 1. “C”
- Data Types
- Conditional Statements
- Command Line
Week 2. Arrays
- Variables and Scope
- Command Line Arguments
Week 3. Algorithms
- Linear Search
- Binary Search
- Bubble Sort
- Selection Sort
- Merge Sort
Week 4. Memory
- Defining Custom Types
- Dynamic Memory Allocation
- Call Stacks
- File Pointers
Week 5. Data Structures
- Data Structures
- Singly-Linked Lists
- Hash Tables
Week 6. Python
Week 7. SQL
- Internet Primer
Week 9. Flask
Week 10. Ethics
CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science: Final Project
Note: Your review matters
If you have already done this course, kindly drop your review in our reviews section. It would help others to get useful information and better insight into the course offered.
- Harvard University
- Online Course
- 1-3 Months
- Free Course (Affordable Certificate)
- Computer programming Harvard Computer Science 50 (CS50)